Take your business to the next level by seamlessly linking your CRM and accounting data.
The new Qsales Classic integrates Act! and Quickbooks to eliminate time-wasting double-entry of data, while delivering improved insights on customers & enhanced accounting functionality for your users. Make your team more productive and informed with Qsales CLassic.
$10 / user / month (billed annually)
Qsales Classic allows your team to see contacts as customers. With detailed historical transaction data, summary details, and a list of products purchased under each linked contact, your team will know the value of any contact at a glance. And with Qsales Classic a user can find a transaction in Act! and instantly pivot to the same one in QuickBooks. Use the integrated reporting feature to gain additional insights on sales, collections, and product details too.
The Overdue Toolbar Utility also warns users of past due accounts, helping to avoid further credit risks with that client.
- QB Data Tab Get a quick understanding of your customer in one tab. This summary tab displays all the data calculated from the transactions downloaded from QuickBooks, and shows you a month by month breakdown of the last 5-years of sales.
- Qsales Toolbar features This toolbar gives you quick access to time savings features like creating, linking, and editing new customers, as well as creating & looking up transactions.
- QB Transaction Tab This tab displays all the transactions downloaded from the linked QB customer. These transactions can be updated on demand, or from the nightly sync.
- QB Items view This tab allows user to quickly see all the products the customer has purchased in the past, and then expand each one to see all the transactions those product purchases are linked to
- Global Transaction View Seeing all the transactions under one contact is great, but sometimes you need to see all the transactions for the company in one place, and the QB Transactions button on the left side Navbar provides exactly that. Due to the sensitive nature of this data, we also allow you to restrict which users can see this button.
- Editing QB Customers in Act! This Qsales feature is a big time saver for users that would normally have to update a customer in two places.
- Report View Complete AR, sales, and product reports right inside of Act!
- Create Transaction button A dropdown list of all transactions you can create inside of Act!
- Opportunity Options Qsales includes a number of options within Opportunities that save time and generate revenue
Five years of sales, summarized by month and year
Critical account balance fields
Lifetime sales snapshot
QB custom fields
Fields for linking contacts to customers/vendors
Toolbar features like creating and linking contacts to customers
Allows you to search for a transaction number, and the contact it's linked to
Push field data from Act! to QB or QB to Act! based on the field mapping
Click to launch Report Wizard (see Report View tab for more details)
Cog allows you to select which toolbar options are displayed. Also, brushing the mouse over the cog displays the Qsales version number
Overdue alert button. Get immediate feedback on whether this account has overdue bills. When the button is red it's over due, and when it's green, the account is within terms.
Selected transaction under the QB Transaction Tab. Double Click to display the transaction in edit mode.
Displays window of transaction. Changes made here are saved instantly to QuickBooks
Add or delete items from a transaction, or change the quantity below within the line item
Update an of the fields displayed like Class, Date & Due Date, Terms, Sales Rep, and Sales tax
Change a transaction to "Pending" to make it non-posting
The product column, which is expandable
Quantity of product purchased with that transaction
All column headers are filterable so you can easily create a customized view of only the transactions you want to see.
Convert to Opportunity is great for customers that re-order a lot. You can take a transaction, convert it to an Opp, which can then be converted to a quote.
Export your list to Excel or CSV to share with others on your team
The Deliver button allows you to print or email the transaction. A separate form designer is also available.
Customize Columns allows you to choose which columns you see
You can also right-click on any transaction and select Go to Contact, Duplicate Transaction, or Convert to Recurring Transaction
Toolbar button to edit the record in QB
All fields that are active in the edit view will be updated instantly in QB when saved here.
Complete updates on the left side, and copy to the right
Make a customer inactive from Act!
Top sales by customer
Top sales by products
Sales Rep results
This button on the toolbar will display the last transaction you created, making it easier to create similar type transactions for different customers
Invoice, Sales Receipt, Credit Memo, and Receive Payment functions are all posting transactions and once saved, appear instantly in Quickbooks.
Estimates can also be emailed to the customer from inside the transaction for faster quoting.
Quoting4act: Convert any Opportunity to a professional-looking quote
Convert an Opportunity to a QuickBooks Transaction
Link an Opp to a Contact & Customer
Handy quote functions like preview, email, save to Documents, and Save
How does it work?
Add Qsales Classic to the workstations where you have Act! and QuickBooks installed to link the two programs together. Qsales downloads all the customer transactions to the linked contacts, allowing you to see each transaction in detail or view them in the summary tab. All data is stored in custom tables in Act! and updated nightly, or on demand.
Why choOse Qsales CLASSIC?
Customers who want a simpler setup, or have QuickBooks installed on each Act! user's workstation should use Qsales Classic. Also, if they need to link more than one QuickBooks or Act! data file, Classic is the ideal choice. The latest version of Classic closes the feature gap between the two versions, so choose the right deployment for your business.
using OLD VERSIONS OF QuickBooks or act!?
If you are using an old version of QuickBooks or Act! you can use Qsales Legacy (v12.x)!
Simple workstation or server Setup
Greater Act! & QB data integration
Flexible options for multiple data files
Ideal for Small to medium sized Teams
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Qsales reduce my reliance on QuickBooks?
Prior to Qsales v13, for Act! users to view customers transaction history, they'd all have to have a QuickBooks license. This could easily add $400-1000 in license cost per user. Qsales v13 connects all users to the QuickBooks data through one user account, meaning a business can provide everyone access to vital accounting details for the cost of one QuickBooks license.
I've used Qsales 12.x in the past, is the upgrade to v13 easy?
We've built a step-by-step wizard, as well as provided instructions HERE, but it is more involved than past upgrades. Simply put, the data structure is completely different from past versions, so all old transaction data must be wiped, and the field builder utility must be run again to create the new custom tables. Also, you'll have to configure the new Qsales API to connect to QuickBooks.
Is the connection to QuickBooks live or offline?
For the most part, it is an offline connection, but local or network users can click "Refresh Data from QB" and get up to the second data. Remote users with RDB's must use the Act! sync to update the transactions.
Do local and remote users have all the same Qsales features & functions?
For the most part yes, but there is one exception and that is "refreshing data from QB".
To avoid duplication of data, this feature is automatically disabled for RDB users. The reason is the transactions are all stored in QuickBooks custom tables, and while each transaction is assigned it's own unique ID to avoid duplicates, the custom table entry has it's own unique ID, and it's the latter that Act! syncing pays attention to.
In other words, Qsales will have a local and remote record of one transaction with the same ID, but Act! will think they're different records because they each have unique custom table ID's, causing the Act! syncing process to create duplicates.
Does Qsales work with the online version of QuickBooks, or just the Desktop version?
At present, Qsales v13 only works with the desktop version of QuickBooks, which represents the majority of QuickBooks users. That said, we hope to have support for QuickBooks Online before the end of 2021.
QSales Classic Compatibility
QSalesData works with the following US, Canada and UK versions of ACT!
- Act! 2010 - Act! v23 (Qsales Classic v12.x)
- Act! v19.2 or newer (Qsales Classic v14)
QSalesData works with the following CANADIAN, USA and UK VERSIONS of QuickBooks
- QuickBooks 2010 and NEWER (Qsales Classic v12.x)
- QuickBooks v18 and NEWER (Qsales Classic v14)
Please note: Qsales Classi requires the user to match the bitness of the two applications, meaning 32-bit versions of Act! will only work with 32-bit versions of QuickBooks, and the same for the 64-bit versions. Please review our version bitness guidelines below.
- All Act! versions up to v32 were 32-bit, with v24 and newer being 64-bit.
- All QuickBooks versions up to v21 were 32-bit, with v22 and newer being 64-bit